The Center for Higher and Adult Education (CHAE) emphasizes both the importance of policy and international work in postsecondary education for the 21st century. The Center aims to create an intellectual climate by supporting academic and cultural exchange at the postsecondary level as well as hosting forums dedicated to exploring the challenges and opportunities confronting higher education policy in today’s complex, global environment. In addition the Center assists the Higher, Adult, and Lifelong Education faculty and graduate students with their postsecondary research, teaching, and outreach related to higher education policy both domestically and across the globe.
For more information on HALE academic programs and how to apply, consult the Prospective Students section or the Department of Educational Administration admissions page.
The Center for Higher and Adult Education mission is to further policy and international work in postsecondary education for the 21st century. Our mission is advanced by
- supporting academic and cultural exchange at the postsecondary level through a fellows and visiting scholar program as well as an intern program for graduate students seeking international or domestic, policy-related experiences studying higher education at Michigan State University;
- hosting programs and events dedicated to providing forums for intellectual discussions about issues related to both higher education policy and higher education in the global context.
- helping to transform the HALE curricula in line with more international, comparative and domestic policy experiences; and
- assisting HALE faculty with their postsecondary research and outreach as related to higher education policy both domestically and across the globe.
The Center is supported by an advisory board from the Higher, Adult, and Lifelong Education faculty. The faculty advisory board is responsible for advancing the mission of the Center.
Center for Higher and Adult Education Leadership
- Dr. Brendan Cantwell, Director
- Dr. Dongbin Kim
- Dr. Patricia Marin
- Dr. Kris Renn